Blogger It Is!


After a couple weeks filled with a lot of aggravation, I have decided to go with the Blogger platform for the Rock-Tech.tv Blog and Homepage.  The url: http://www.rock-tech.tv will point to the Blogger site and will contian all the base elements for the site.  In addition to using Blogger, I will continue the rising sense of Google Theme-ology by placing subsidiary pages on a Google Sites account.  Until Blogger decides to give its users the ability to add more pages to our blogs, this will have to full these needs.


If anyone is wondering why I have forgone the use of a standard HTML site, it is becuase for the time being, the WYSIWYG interface of Blogger will allow me to focus on getting content published.  I do not know enough about CSS to use and edit a good Wordpress theme and a traditional HTML site requires to much formatting and maintenance.  In the future I will dabble in CSS.

Pages like Videos, Photos, Social Feeds, and other Specials will be posted on a Google Sites account and linked to from within the blog.  On top of that, you will be able to find Rock-Tech.tv on many other socail media sites, such as YouTube, Blip, Myspace, Facebook, ect.  

After Rock-Tech.tv gets off the ground, I will begin efforts to free the site from the dependance of these sites.  I would rather host my own sites, and use the third parties for additions to the bigger picture or as a back up.  If you have any suggestions on how to make Rock-Tech.tv better, post a comment bellow or shoot me an email.  mailto:dcvining@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



FriendFeed