I Have Been Drafted


Here I am, a proud member of the United States Air Force.  I thought that I would be spending the upcoming winter in the comfort of my warm apartment in North Dakota.  I guess I was wrong.  It looks like I have been drafted to enlist in the Army.  The TWiT Army.  


The TWiT Army is yet another Twitter clone that is ran by Twit.tv featuring Leo Laporte.  Like other micro-blogging status sites in its catagory, TWiT Army provides 140 characters per post to its users for free.  The feature that stands out to me the most is its "Camo Twit" theme.  The site features a camouflage theme called the TWiT Army Canteen.  In addition to a stylish design, the TWiT Army brings together the followers of Leo Laporte.

Laporte is a Technology broadcaster and blogger.  His career has seen him as one of the primary hosts of various shows on then TechTV, including Call for Help and The Screensavers.  After the merger and re-branding of TechTV to G4 TV, Laporte left the network and started netcasting This WEEK in TECH.  Laporte currently owns and operates a netcast network... TWiT.tv, derived from the flagship podcast This WEEK in TECH.  He also hosts an online stream called TWiT Live and broadcasts via Stickam.

Find out more about Leo Laporte and TWiT --> www.twit.tv

Find Comickey on The TWiT Army here --> army.twit.tv/comickey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



FriendFeed